Monday, December 30, 2013

Ready? Set? RACE!!

It's ON Like Donkey Kong! Haha! I love that phrase from high school! Last night I researched out and decided on the races I will be doing. Yep, races. Plural. Note: I am not racing. I am just referring to them as that. I will share the dates with you in a minute. First, I have to tell you about training today and to say thank you to my hubby who encouraged me with these words: I will support you in whatever way I can. Thanks for that, Babe. I love you!

I love my girl. She is an "almost seven" blue eyed cutie who adores her mama. (I'm so blessed!) This morning, Princess B decided she wants to do the race with me. I explained to her she may go walking with me whenever she wants, however she may not quite be ready for the race.
     "But I LOVE racing, Mom!" she exclaimed as she began jogging up the hill in her orange sweats, purple shoes, and metallic purple jacket.
     "I know you do! The race is just a bit farther than you think it is." We went ahead on our 20 minute walk up the hill, along the icy frontage road and began the descent towards our home when she started asking more questions about the race. She wanted to know how far it was. When I told her it was a LOT farther than the walk we were taking, she again told me, "That's ok. I like to race." A few minutes later, as we were nearing the bottom of the decline, she shared, "My legs are feeling a bit weird." I explained to her that it was probably because we walked farther than she is used to. I told her that she might want to wait until she was older to run in the race. After telling me she wished she was older so she could race with me, she finally admitted, "I don't think I want to run in the race. I'm tired." I then took the next few minutes to make sure she understood why I was running in the race.
     "I am not running to win, B."
     "But, Mom, if you win, you get prizes!"
     "Oh I know, but I do not need a prize. I am doing this to show Heavenly Father how grateful I am that he fixed my heart. I am also doing this because when my heart was sick, I could not have done it. Now that it is better, I can do this race. I am also doing to to show my former teacher honor and respect because she was so kind to me in my life. Mostly, I am doing this for all the Heart Hero friends that cannot run for themselves. These kids have hearts that do not work right and so I am running this race for them, since they cannot do it for themselves. Do you understand?"
     "Yes, but you get prizes if you win, Mom!"
     "Do you know what I want you to do? I want you to be at the finish line when I cross it (she gasps) with our Heart Hero friends (another gasp) and cheering me on yelling You did it, Mom! You did it!" (one more gasp)
     "I will be your we-ward, Mom!"
Sigh. I love being a mom. Yes, Princess B.... you certainly are my reward.

Races I am registering in:
May 3rd- 5K Fiesta in Sandy, UT
July 4th- Riverton Country Mile 10K in Riverton, UT
August 9th- Famous Fruit Way 1/2 Marathon in Ogden, UT
September 27th- Layton Marathon in Layton, UT

Anyone is welcome to join me! Oh and I took my measurements and weighed myself this morning. I even wrote down the info in my handy-dandy notebook. THAT is how serious I am!

My name is Jenny McKinney. I am serious about this and I really want some chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment