Saturday, December 28, 2013

WHAT am I DOING?!?!

This evening, as I was preparing a high protein snack to eat before my 2nd walk of the day (In fact, my 2nd walk in this journey) I thought to myself, "WHAT am I DOING?!?! I can't run a marathon! I am only prepping for my second WALK, not RUN and I am feeling tired already. TWENTY-SIX point TWO MILES?!?! Am I KIDDING myself?!?!" Then, I felt the tears forming, took a deep breath, and recalled the words a heart mama friend told me today. "I will be standing proud [at the finish line] with many happy kids as they see that a true heart warrior can do anything. I am so excited and hope with all our help we can make it a larger then life event. Because that's how big your heart and determination is larger-than-life." After that recollection, God whispered to my soul,   
"Because this is what you need to be doing. You are doing it for these children, my children."
"But Father," I replied, "I am not a runner. My heart is barely better. How can I do all those miles?"
"You can do it, because I am going to help you," He gently responded. "Those kids need you to do this for them."

After my conversation with my Creator, I had my snack, put on my warm gear (27 degrees that felt like 18 when I went walking this evening), got the dog on her leash and hit the dark and icy-in-many-places road to do my evening walk. The good news is that I did it. The better news is that I could have gone longer had my dog not been dragging me unsafely on the ice. Yikes! The best news is, I know God is by my side every step of the way in this journey. There are friends and family cheering me on and helping me prepare with planning eating and exercise habits. There are Heart Warrior Mamas that have offered to run with me. There are Heart Hero Warriors to keep in mind and from them I am already feeling the love. Best of all, there is my loving Creator who will be there at the finish line with those young Heart Heroes, knowing that by proxy of my legs and healthy heart, they ran this marathon too.

My name is Jenny McKinney. I am happy to be a Heart Warrior and I... really want some chocolate! Oh! Hubby just brought me some!! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment