Monday, August 26, 2013

"I Don't Need No Doctor...."

cel·e·brate
ˈseləˌbrāt
verb
verb: celebrate; 3rd person present: celebrates; gerund or present participle: celebrating; past tense: celebrated; past participle: celebrated
1.
publicly acknowledge (a significant or happy day or event) with a social gathering or enjoyable activity.
 
 
HOORAY!!  Today is the two week mark of having my heart fixed.  Time to celebrate life, right?  Of COURSE.... well.... maybe.  Saturday evening, my hubby and I were at an event for the Utah Music Association.  There were hula lessons (it was a luau) and of course live music.  Since I passed my 10 day mark to "get back to normal" I decided to do it in style!  I did a really fun dance called the "Hookie Lau" with my lady friends.  It was exhilarating getting back into the swing of things!  I have not been able to do that much movement with my body for quite some time.  Later in the evening, there was a live band so of course I grabbed a couple of my girlfriends and..... danced even more.  The first words to the first song are, "I don't need no doctor..." Does that hit the mark or what??  Oh, to be ALIVE again!!  Oh to CELEBRATE LIFE!!! 


It was exactly what I needed to feel restored..... until yesterday. 
I woke up and thought I would be fine.  As the day wore on, I began to have so much pain in the veins the procedure was done in, that I thought I was going to have permanent nerve damage.  After attending church, taking pain reliever during that time, then having a long nap after church, I still was not doing any better.  It took a long night of dreaming about all kinds of people dying almost constantly to wake up feeling better.  (Ironic, huh?)  Today, my points of entry feel better but my emotions from the crazy dreams do not!!

Lesson learned:  If we take a chance at something worth risking we may have regrets, but we will have even more if we do not.  I am grateful I made those memories.  For that, I have no regrets.

My name is Jenny McKinney and I may not need no doctor but I sure do need a bit more rest.... and chocolate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment