Monday, July 29, 2013

The Need for a Miracle

Several years ago, my very dear friend, Jonathan Roberts, wrote a song called "Miracles Happen."  That song profoundly changed my life.  I believe in miracles and I know one will come.  I fully expect it to.

When we moved here to Utah, it was with the understanding that my heart doc in Idaho would be calling with some test results.  When she called, we had no way of being prepared for what she had to say- that I had a heart condition that could "absolutely be life-threatening" and that I would need a procedure, if not more than one, in order to save my life.  At the time, my husband had landed two jobs that we planned on him keeping- as long as the hours worked out for both.  After a couple of weeks, we learned that it would not be possible for him to keep working both jobs.  After a great deal of discussion and prayerfully weighing the pros and cons of both jobs, he decided to keep the one that would give him more hours, and benefits.  It was not until a few weeks later, after my appointment to learn about my upcoming procedures, that we learned the benefits the job offers were all but a joke.  Not only will they not cover the procedures I need, the life-saving procedures, they will only cover $1000 per year for hospital coverage.  Yes, I did type that correctly.  One-thousand dollars!  Oy vey!  That does not even begin to touch the frustration level I have right now.

For my two upcoming procedures, the hospital portion of it alone will be $20,000.  This does not include the actual device, the surgeon's portion, the pay for the anesthesiologist, medications, etc.  (When my dad got this same surgery two years ago, his hospital bill was $50,000!!)  Again, Oy vey.  I am looking into other health insurance options, but right now, what I need is a miracle.

I am a firm believer in miracles.  I have experienced many of them in my life, from my babies surviving at birth, to miracles being pulled off for my musical endeavors, plus many more.  I know that because we (my hubby and I) are living the very best life we can, doing all that we can to make the best of choices, we are going to get our miracle and a way will be provided for me to get these necessary surgeries.  Seeing how my first one is scheduled two weeks from today, I know the miracle will come soon.

For those of you who have not yet learned about ARVD, I am at great risk for cardiac arrest.  I am too busy and have too much to accomplish before I die, so this simply is not an option.  I am asking for you to join our family in prayer that a way will be provided for us to have the financial miracle necessary to get these surgeries done.  I have seen what happens when many people pull together for a cause.  I know that with loved ones praying for this special purpose, we will get our miracle.

My name is Jenny McKinney.  I really don't want any chocolate this morning, but I will get my miracle.



2 comments:

  1. Jenny have you checked with the hospital about maybe qualifying for some financial help? I know they have some means to help with situations like that. If Milo isn't making enough money you may also be able to get on state insurance. It's not fun but it will get you through the tough times. Big HUGS! You are in my prayers. You WILL get your miracle. It's right around the corner. Just hold on to faith as tightly as you can! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe in miracles, too, Jenny! I'm adding to my prayers that you and your family will be guided and that the right doors will open so you can get optimal medical care. xoxo

    ReplyDelete